York & District Schoolboys Football

U13s Harrogate 2-3 York

York started well and put Harrogate under pressure from the kick off. Within the first 5 minutes, Dylan Jones sent over a great cross leading to shot from Adam Clarkson and a minute later Bobby Boyeson hit the bar.

Adam then went close with a header from a Ben Myers free kick before a back heel from Bobby Boyeson released Ben Myers to overlap and cross for Kean Sorgie, whose shot narrowly cleared the bar.

After 15 minutes and against the run of play, Harrogate broke, got to the bye line and pulled a ball back to the edge of the box. Alex Graves got finger tips to the shot but could not keep it out.

Harrogate then gained ascendancy for a spell. Ben Myers cleared off the line and then made a last-ditch tackle to prevent a one on one.

After 20 minutes, York equalised after Dylan Jones crossed, Kean Sorgie flicked on and Bobby Boyeson arrived at the back post to steer the ball home.

Towards the end of the half, York reasserted themselves with shots from Sam Clark and Bobby Boyeson  well blocked by Harrogate defence.

Harrogate started second half strongly but York broke and Will Almond’s cross was cleared to the edge of the box only for Adam Clarkson to steer a volley into the roof of the net to take the lead.

Great save from Henry on the hour followed by last ditch tackle from Dylan Jones.

With 15 minutes to go, a good Harrogate move ended with the left winger breaking into the area and putting in a dangerous cross which York failed to clear and a well struck shot from the edge of the box saw the scores level.

Seemed destined for a draw between two well matched sides when a long goal kick from Henry in the final minute of the game found Adam Clarkson in the centre circle and his lofted pass invited Kean Sorgie to break. Kean’s pace saw him run away from the Harrogate defence and flash a precise drive across the Harrogate keeper into the far corner of the net to maintain York’s 100% record so far this season.