U13s Sheffield 7-1 York

York Schoolboys U13 travelled to Sheffield in the league.

York Schoolboys with a couple of key players away and injuries went to Sheffield hoping to regain some form that has seen then struggling to break teams down this season.

York started brightly with the game even for the first fifteen minutes until Sheffield broke down to their left crossing a diagonal ball inside York’s fullback that gave their striker a one on one with the York keeper Toby Warren.  The striker coolly slotting the ball into the side netting of the goal 1-0.

York pushed for an equaliser from a cross by Taylor Bell, Lewis Humphreys rose above the defence only to head straight into the keepers hands. The half remained equal until late on in the half when Sheffield got a free kick at the edge of the box.  The free kick beat the wall but Warren got a hand to it the ball going up into the air, a scramble with Warren again getting his hand to the ball but was unable to clear his line, the ball dropping on to an attacking players head who nodded in from a yard out.2-0.

York kept pushing, trying to get something out of the game, Harry Tinker and Oliver Kilvington both working hard in midfield looking to create something for the team Ben Thornton shooting wide late on in the half.  Elliott Heath was working hard up and down the right.  Half time and the visitors lost a player to injury, Joe Roughley playing no further part in the game.

The visitors started brightly, Will Hollings driving on his team from the middle of the park.

Jackson Cowl was having a solid game at right back. As the game progressed, York found themselves pushed further back into their own half the wind now picking up coupled with Sheffield playing the long ball.

Ben Hudson and Dan Tingle having to deal with more action in the centre of defence.

York’s goal came midway through the half from a goalmouth scramble that saw the ball cross the line off Will Hollings thigh 2-1.

Sheffield pushing to extend their lead kept working the York defence busy Elliot Rayner working tirelessly in aid of his defence, unfortunately Sheffield’s long ball final got the better of the battered York defence when Sheffield got just deserves to go 3-1.

Then just like buses three became four and then five with the visitors looking shell shocked .5-1.

The wind rain and score all going against the city boys, to their credit they kept trying to play football but ran out on the losing end of their worst defeat in two years, conceding two last goals 7-1.