U12s York 4-0 Scarborough (Michael Dale Trophy-Qtr Final)

York schoolboys under 12s kick started 2016 with a local derby quarter final against local rivals Scarborough.

York in their changed kit of blue started brightly on a heavy pitch, setting out their intentions from the off with a front two of Humphreys and Heath. It wasn’t long before Heath was testing the Seasiders defence with a low drive that had the Seasiders keeper scrabbling to turn the shot round the post.

five minutes later when Humphreys got on to a through ball from Kilvington, beat one player and crossed for Heath to slot home from inside the box.

Minster men’s captain Tinker was leading by example, breaking up the boro’s attacks and starting many of the city boys best moves, it was to no surprise when he drove down the right and beat two players and put the ball on a plate for Hollings to tap home. 2-0.

The visitors kept probing the York defence without making any clear cut chances with Hudson and Turbine having the best of the exchanges.

Hollings was now running the game with passes that had Scarborough midfield chasing in the wrong direction and it was one of these passes that put Humphreys through with a clear run at goal, before he could reach the box he was brought down from behind, no card was shown and nothing came from the free kick.

Humphreys had to be withdrawn and was replaced by Jack Lowe. Lowe was straight in to the action creating chances for Heath, Kilvington and Hollings. It was one of these chances that got Heath his second goal of the game, the ball being crossed by Lowe for Heath to put away a point blank range shot 3-0.

Scarborough kept pushing to try and get something out of the game but the minstermens defence held firm with Roughly having a fine game at right back.

The home side was now having the best spell of the game hitting the bar, post and side netting.

Heath again on target hitting the inside of the post only to see the ball run along the line with no one on hand to put it away.

It was just after this that the visitors got their first real attempt on goal with a free kick that looked to be heading for the top corner, Edgar the York keeper wasn’t about to give up a clean sheet easily and tipped the ball over for a corner, from the resulting corner Scarborough had their second shot of the game a close range effort that again Edgar pushed round the post.

The game was now more open then at any other point of the match, this just played into the hands of Yorks strike force of Heath and Lowe who now were running at the heart of the Scarborough defence every chance they had.

It was now Heaths turn to  be the provider for Hollings to get his second of the game and Yorks fourth and final goal 4-0.

The Minster men saw out the remainder of the game with high level of composure.

Barnsley await York in the semifinals the only team to have beaten the Minster men this season.